blank'/> Broughton Sports Update: Heritage Outlasts Caps

Monday, October 5, 2015

Heritage Outlasts Caps

Combine a wet field and soccer and anything can happen. Exhibit A: Broughton and Heritage played a scoreless first half despite Broughton dominating the home team, outshooting them 8-2 and having an 8-0 advantage in corner kicks.

And the second half started out like the first, still without a goal for 10 minutes, but with Heritage taking control.

Things changed. Quickly. Over the next 23 minutes, the teams scored seven goals, with all of the Huskies' coming from Logan Shytle in a remarkable exhibit of strength,  poise and determination. In the first half, Shytle hardly had a sniff at the goal, and in the second half he notched all four Heritage scores to lead the home team to a 4-3 victory. But it wasn't easy, nor was it dull.

Shytle's first goal came in the 50th minute, and Broughton tied it up 7 minutes later when Bryant O'Neal drilled a laser from 30 yards out off of the corner from Ibrahim Mohamud. The Caps had little time to celebrate, as Shytle caught the Broughton defense too far forward and scored off of a break away. He then made it a hat trick in the 63rd minute, pushing the Huskies' advantage to 3-1. Amazingly, no one scored for the next 8 minutes, and the play got sloppy and chippy, with many yellow cards being shown. But Ibrahim Mohamud pulled the Caps within one at the 71st minute off of a nice pass from Elvis Wiredu. Once again, Heritage, or rather, Shytle, responded, as he took advantage of the overzealous defense for a second time to tally his fourth goal.

The Caps refused to quit, as Mohamud scored a minute later, drilling the wet ball through the hands of the Heritage keeper.

There would be no more goals, however, as Heritage held off the Caps and sealed the victory.

The Caps dropped to 4-2 in the Cap 8 and 8-5 overall. Their next match is another road game, this time on Wednesday, October 7 at 6:30 pm against Wake Forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment